Comics Alliance editors Andy Khouri and Caleb Goellner sit down with Chris and Matt this week for a roundtable discussion New York Comic-Con, and things go to weird, weird places. Among the topics: Lack of cell phone and wi-fi at the convention center leading to caveman tactics, Conan on a sailboat, Catwoman’s “stripper idiom,” the lack of big news at the con, Andy’s debilitating con injury, whether the Marvel layoffs were foreshadowed at all at the con, the best Power Rangers season, which one of us would look best in hot pants, violence against Michelangelo and much more! Plus, Chris and Matt take a biased stance in favor of Adam Warrock.
- Be sure to follow Caleb and Andy on Twitter to keep up with their Odd Couple-style relationship.
- Here’s Chris’ roundup of the news from NYCC in case you missed it. And here’s the crappy news about Marvel’s layoffs.
- Power Rangers: RPM is crazy, y’all.
- Does Michelangelo really deserve this?
- The Damned Things or Every Time I Die? U-Decide!
- iTunes week count: 4.
- Chris’ checks and recs: Adam Warrock show, Arkham City
- Matt’s checks and recs: Three-year-old video games, Mary Shelley’s Frankenhole
- Music used: Steve Martin, “King Tut”
Comics Talked About:
- Fear Itself #7
- Atomic Robo: Ghost of Station X #2
- Justice League #2
Shameless Self Promotion:
- The @FakeAPStylebook book, Write More Good, is still available to buy right here!
- Check out Sims at The ISB, Comics Alliance, his webcomic Awesome Hospital, as well as the complete Solomon Stone at ActionAgeComics.
- Check out Matt’s Fake e-Etiquette Twitter feed, his webcomic Copernicus Jones, his Tumblr and the ISS.
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
- Check out Max Huffman on Twitter, or at his site.
- Check out Rusty Shackles on Twitter, or at his site.
Remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast_at_gmail.com!