We’re just three new kids on the block, swingin’ it, as Jeff Parker stops by to talk about his new title Underground, as well as his experiences working on Agents of Atlas, Thunderbolts, Mysterius: The Unfathomable, Interman, and everything else that he does. We intended to talk about the “Awesome Approach” to writing comics (Jeff’s choice), but really we just ended up talking about MODOK, Yo! MTV Raps, and the history of new jack swing. Also, a surprise guest in the imaginary studio, and Chris and Euge ramble about comics a lot.
The Show Rundown
- Our guest: for all things Jeff Parker, check out his website at Parkerspace. Also, follow him on twitter. BUY Jeff’s stuff as well on the sidebar or on Amazon. Seriously, he told us he really loves money.
- Check out Jeff and Steve Lieber’s new title, Underground, colored by Ron Chan. Go check out the website. This Steve Lieber guy may end up going places.
- Here’s the cover where all the Avengers become MODOKs. And here’s a pic of Truman Capote showing up in Age of Sentry.
- For a history on new jack swing, check this out.
- Please stay tuned to Between the Panels, hosted by William Goodman. We’ll end up on there soon enough.
- Big Ups: to Chris’s bromantic hater.
WAR ROCKET ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Chris has started a new series of posts at Heavy.com where he takes on the Worst of Netflix. Check it out.
- September 26-27, if you’re in the DC/MD area, please come to the Small Press Expo. For more information, check out the website. And be sure to keep an eye out for me (Eugene) and let me know you listen to War Rocket Ajax!
- Sorry about the awful voice I had this week. I’ve been recovering being sick this week, folks, which is why I kept mum during a lot of this ep. Send good vibes this way.